I've had many people who have emailed me and private message me on my forum asking me where the non-phone jobs are. I have read on numerous work at home forums people asking for non-phone jobs mainly because they have babies, young children or because phone work is simply not their cup of tea. Add to this mix, some even state they have no experience.
Even to someone who has no experience, you have options.
One, you can choose to take a course online in a particular subject or choose to brush up on your skills such as your typing speed, learn Word or Excel. You can find a tutorial online or you can go to your local library and borrow a DVD.
Two, your other option we are going to discuss six telecommuting job options for people who have no experience and who prefers non-phone work.
1. Writing - Almost everyone can write and compose a sentence. You don't have to be a professional writer to get paid. I'm not talking about companies who require their applicants to have a journalism degree or writing degree. AssociatedContent.com requires you to write well with proper grammar and spelling. They have a variety of categories you can write about. It's a good entry-level start to get paid for writing which may open you to other writing jobs whether it's ghostwriting or freelancing jobs.
2. Blogging - I'm sure you often wonder how you can make money blogging. It's really quite simple. Blogging, in my opinion, is a great outlet to practice and to hone your writing skills.
Once you have started a blog, you can bring in revenue by monetizing your blog in several ways. You can add Google AdSense ads, Text Link ads, sell ad space, and promote affiliate programs or business opportunities. Another way is to get involved with "Get Paid To Blog".
What is "Get Paid To Blog"?
Get paid to blog are companies who have advertisers who would like bloggers to write about their products or services. Pay varies from company to company.
Or there are many blogging companies who will pay you to write blog articles for their blogs.
3. Texting - Texting is not for everyone. You use your computer to chat with a person of the opposite sex. Usually the conversations are adult-oriented.
4. General or Legal Transcription - While general or legal transcription doesn't require specialized training, it does require a good ear, speed and accuracy. There are some companies who will hire without prior experience, but you are required to meet their standards.
5. Virtual Assistant - You can market yourself as a Virtual Assistant. There are many basic tasks you can perform if you're not an experienced administrative assistant. There are people who look to outsource easy clerical tasks such as article submitting, promoting or partial maintenance of their websites like link checking, answer general inquiries, advertising etc. Oftentimes, people are looking for ghostwriters because either they aren't good writers or they don't have time to write. It's a good idea to brush up on all of your skills or become more knowledgeable in areas where you are lacking so you can be more marketable and versatile.
6. Forum Posting - You're certainly not going to get rich doing this, but you will make some money.
What is forum posting?
Forum posting is boosting forum activity for forum owners. You create topics or reply to topics of interest. Depending on the specifications, you are either paid by post, length of post, number of posts etc.
With all jobs there is a learning curve and each of these options will require learning in progress, but there is tons of free information on the web that will help you along the way. The best way is hands on experience, trial and error and learning from others.
If you're determined to work at home, have no previous experience, prefer non-phone jobs and a willingness to learn, these six options are a good starting point to gain some valuable experience. Although the income may be on the low end at the beginning, it is something to be expected, but as you gain more experience, you will also see an increase in your pay scale. This will also open you up to better and higher paying telecommuting jobs and positions in the future.
S McIntyre owns Work At Home Space, a free work at home resource focusing on telecommuting companies including non-phone jobs, daily telecommute job leads, articles, business resources and other work at home related topics. You can also visit her blog Healthy Perspectives, featuring an array of health topics, nutrition, reicpes and fitness for maintaining an overall healthy and well-balanced lifestyle.