2012年1月10日 星期二

The Three W's Of Telecommuting Networking


WHY?

Simply put...it works! Networking, done right, can be one of the most

powerful ways to gaining employment from home. So why is that? When

you build relationships with other telecommuters they are very

likely to either recommend you to their current employer or send

you jobs they may find or even do both. Networking that is done to

build relationships and to help each other out, and not just about

taking from others, has worked for many of my friends and worked

for me as well. Here is Jen's answer to my question about

networking:

"Networking is one of the main keys into the telecommuting world. I

starting networking on wahm forums a few years ago and this is how

I landed my first telecommuting job. You need to surround yourself

around others in the same industry as you to get your mindset on

how to and when to apply for jobs at telecommuting companies.

Networking will never fail you. I have landed 80% of my jobs my

networking."

WHEN?

The sooner you start building relationships the better. I would get

involved in at least one telecommuting community as soon as you

can. It's okay to lurk for a little bit so that you decide if it's

the forum for you, but you will need to get active, mingle and

build relationships in order for networking to be effective.

WHERE?

There are so many places online to network. You can go to places

like ryze.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, and google.com to browse their

different groups. Other very popular places to meet people are

forums/message boards. This is where I found the most luck with

meeting a good variety of people and where I've made most of my

friends online.

I've been a member of many forums. Here are just a handful:

WAHM.com - this is a HUGE forum with thousands of people. It can be

a little overwhelming at first because there are just so many

people, but if you just jump right in and start chatting you should

get to know many people.

MyMommyBizBoards.com - I don't visit this website as much anymore

because I've cut back how many forums I spend my time at however I

do think it can be a valuable resource.

TelecommutingMoms.com/bb - the only message board online devoted solely to

telecommuting moms! You can find just about every telecommuting topic under

the sun.

And if you type in work at home mom message boards, or such

keywords, you're likely to find many more forums online where you

can meet other moms.

MY PARTING TIP:

You get out of networking as much as you put in. If you're just

there taking taking taking and never giving it will not be as

successful and could really backfire on you. So please remember to

network effectively you need to take the time to build some

relationships and once you do the rewards will be great




Nell Taliercio is the owner and founder of [http://www.telecommutingmoms.com] – which is a leading resource website with work at home jobs [http://www.telecommutingmoms.com] and everything a telecommuting mom would need. Come visit us today!





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言