A man once said, "Everyone hates their job. That's the way it is. That's why they call it work." Wow, what a way to go through life! That attitude may be true for some people, but it certainly doesn't have to.
If you decide that you are passionate about working out of your home, then it can happen. You are only limited by your dreams. More and more people are now telecommuting. Working at home definitely falls under the category of work though. You need to work very hard to find telecommuting jobs. You also need to work very hard to stay gainfully employed.
If you're determined to work at home, follow some of the suggestions below to help you along the telecommuting journey:
1. Determine if you are disciplined to work hard without a boss looking over your shoulder. If you're the type who is easily distracted, unfocused and disorganized then telecommuting may not be for you.
2. Map out a plan to make it happen. Dreams are necessary and wonderful; but they won't go anywhere without a plan. Set goals and objectives how you will meet your goals.
3. Keep away from the scams. There are many genuine jobs that allow you to telecommute. Unfortunately there are also scams out there that sound too good to be true or expect you to pay for a job. Never pay for a job. Also don't apply to any company that is using a free email address such as yahoo.com or hotmail.com. Legitimate companies will not use a free email account.
4. Optimize your time while searching for jobs. Only use narrow keyword phrases. "Work at home" will bring you far too many results to weed through. Try some of these phrases: telecommuting jobs, freelance, 1099 employee, virtual assistant, offsite and remote contractor.
5. Use job search websites. Some websites such as [http://www.telecommutingmoms.com/jobleadwebsites.html] provide consolidated telecommuting jobs conveniently located on one website.
Most importantly, you must have the mindset that an at-home telecommuting job is no different than an outside the home job. This mindset is important because #1 it is true and #2, your attitude will determine your altitude. Follow the simple steps above and be prepared to live your dream.
Sign up for our free 10 day email course for more job searching secrets: http://www.jobsearchsuccesssecrets.com & for more telecommuting information go to: [http://www.telecommutingmoms.com]